Paleo Macaroons with Berry Conserve
We love macaroons! They’re quick to make and it’s easy to make them paleo-friendly. However we wanted to add something extra to really enhance the flavour, so we added an amazing berry conserve. See how we made these beauties…
Makes 7-8 paleo macaroons
For the macaroons:
- 90g dessicated coconut
- 40g raw honey
- 1 large egg white
- pinch of salt
For the berry conserve:
- 200g berries (these can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Ensure you use a non-stick baking sheet. This is very important, otherwise the macaroons will stick and they will not come off easily. I made this mistake.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix together the egg white and honey until frothy.
- Pour in the dessicated coconut and mix together.
- Add salt.
- Scoop up the mixture into 7-8 little balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Press them down so they are slightly flatter and make a little well in the top of each one.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Place berries in a saucepan (chop first if using fresh), along with the honey.
- Simmer on a medium heat until fruit has reduced and is a thick consistency.
- Once macaroons have baked , allow them to cool.
- Add a scoop of the berry conserve into the well in each macaroon.
Like this recipe? Make sure you don’t miss any blog updates by adding us to your RSS reader